The perfect Hanukah treat – Israeli Olive Oil & Chocolate with a touch of sea salt is sure to light your candles!!
|Israeli Extra Virgin Olive Oil||3/4 cup (240 ml)|
|Sugar||1 cup (200 grams)|
|Vanilla Extract||2 tsp|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 Cups|
|Cocoa Powder||2/3 cup (65 grams)|
|Baking Soda||1¼ tsp|
|Kosher Salt||½ tsp|
|*Holy Cacao Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans||2 x 100 gram Bags|
|Sea Salt Flakes||Garnishing|
* Alternative: Chocolate Covered Peanuts
- Mix the olive oil and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract to the mix and blend until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and kosher salt in a medium size bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the olive oil mixture and stir until combined.
- Add one of the bags of chocolate covered coffee beans (or peanuts) and mix to evenly distribute in the cookie dough.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon – form your cookies and place them onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- In the middle of each cookie, place one or two of the chocolate covered espresso beans from your second bag and gently press them into the dough.
- Sprinkle a few salt flakes on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes – allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the cookie sheet.