Many years ago, in Israel, on the banks of the Jordan river, John the Baptist lived and ate natural healthy food: “his food was locust and wild honey…” as it says in the Matthew 3:4. Today, it may seem unusual to consume these winged creatures; yet their nutrients have been hidden for thousands of years in the Middle East, where locust have been eaten fresh as a food source, or dried and stored for future times.
Now more than 2000 years later, in the same area just miles from where John the Baptist lived, the first commercial locust farm in the world was established, producing a variety of delicious products from one of the most fascinating insects on the face of the earth.
Unbelievable yet true, the locust is one of the most efficient and nutritious sources of protein God and nature have ever produced:
- Researches have praised locust for their high nutritional content. We live in an era where families are seeking nutritious and healthy foods and protein sources that aid in child development and may have the potential to prevent diseases and improve health. It’s no wonder why the leading global food producers are seeking this unique and innovative ingredient for their protein powders, which were formulated for athletes with hopes of strengthening their bodies and enhancing performance.
- Compared to raising other farm animals, locusts are 20-fold more sustainable to farm. They emit significantly lower greenhouse gases, utilize less water and less land resources
- Locusts are the only kosher approved insect in the Bible.
- Locusts are a remarkable testimony to God’s creative power:
- The strength of this tiny creature is enormous - It can jump 20 times its body length
- Its stamina is unbelievable – Locusts can fly 200 km a day.
- Outstanding growth rate – in 2 weeks it multiplies its body weight by 15-fold.
- Locust are an extremely fertile and efficient species – they can multiply their population by 100-fold in just 3 months.
Our locust-based products are delicious and have a mild and neutral flavor profile that are finely blended with other biblical ingredients, making them easily adaptable for an array of different food products.
Our Biblical Protein products are sourced from the finest farm-raised locust from Hargol FoodTech, an Israeli start-up company who was the first in the world to commercially raise locust based on their unique and innovative growing methods and technologies.
Be part of the thread that connects 2000 years of history to John the Baptist. Sourced from the banks of the Jordan River in the Holy Land of Israel Biblical Protein was created—a modern day biblical experience you will never forget.
In the year 2020, where knowledge is doubling every 12 hours, we are learning hidden mysteries in God’s creation as we continue to discover the never-ending depth of His creative power.